As a solo practitioner, I do not have the administrative resources to participate in any insurance programs. Participation in insurance programs can also be limiting in terms of treatment, specifying the type and duration of treatment the client receives. It is my goal to work with you to determine the best course of treatment for your unique needs, and I believe this is a decision that should not be impacted by insurance regulations.I am licensed in Virginia as a Clinical Psychologist, and your insurance company may provide partial reimbursement for session fees according to guidelines they have established for out-of-network providers. Most health insurance policies provide some coverage for mental health treatment, and clients will be provided a comprehensive receipt for services, which may be submitted to insurance in order to receive the benefits to which you are entitled. Receipts will be provided via email to the client on a monthly basis through the electronic record keeping system, Intuit. Should you require a different format for receipts (i.e. weekly, hard copy), please let me know so that I can accommodate you.
The forms necessary for a new client are below. Please download, print and fill out these forms prior to visiting the office.
In order to determine what your benefits are:
- Call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card (for Mental Health).
- Tell them you will be seeing a licensed psychologist who is an out-of-network provider.
- Ask what the reimbursement rate is for a therapy visit with CPT code 90834 or 90837.
- Ask if you must meet an annual deductible before your benefits go into effect.
- Ask if there is an annual or lifetime limit on what you will pay.
- Ask if there is a maximum number of visits allowed per year.
- Ask when your contract year starts each year.
- Record the name of the person you spoke with and the date of your telephone call.